Search This Blog

Friday, April 9, 2010

The mother of conjoined twins Hassan and Hussein Benhaffaf has written a poem in tribute to her sons as they undergo surgery to be separated.

The mother of Hassan and Hussein Banhaffaf pens a poetic tribute to them


Angie Benhaffaf penned For My Little Fighters for the boys, who are being operated on at Great Ormond Street Hospital in London.

Here is the full text of the poem:


I loved you both from the very start, When doctors thought you shared one heart.

I cried so much during that time, We did not think, that all would be fine.

Your two big sisters got me through the worst, I really felt that I had been cursed.

For eight months I was in such a lonely place, As the birth was something I thought I couldn't face.

But then came that beautiful winter's morn, On the 2nd of December my "little fighters" were born!

To hear you both cry was music to our ears, Your dad and I cried so many tears.

You both have given me courage and strength, What a wonderful "gift", we have been sent!

"Hassan" is the quiet one, and a minute older, "Hussein" is the naughty one - he's a little bit bolder!!

Two wonderful boys joined together in love, You truly are a "gift" sent from above.

I feel so honoured to be your mum, I need just one more miracle to come.

"The little fighters" is the name ye share, You have earned it well, as you fought to be here.

Your final battle is getting near, We are all behind you, so have no fear.

Boys - you have filled us all with love and hope, Without you both, we would never cope.

Keep on fighting to stay strong, Always remember your big sisters' song.

"You are not alone" is the song they sing for you, And those words could not be more true!

So as we prepare for the surgery ahead, Many a tear will be shed.

All I can ask of God now, is that ye feel no pain, I'm so proud of my boys - "Hassan and Hussein".

No matter how this will all end, I am forever grateful for the time we did spend.

You have brought the country together, in love and prayer, You have made 2010 a special year!

Always remember, "you are not alone", Please God someday, we'll all return home.

I feel I must be one of the luckiest mums, To have not one, but two precious sons.

Love you both with all my heart and soul

Mummy xx

No comments:

 
Bookmark and Share